Monday, February 8, 2010

Sacrifice

One of the most maddening parts of parents that I find in our society is the lack of follow-through by parents. Young and old parents just do not stick to their responsibility. I see it all the time, I work in child support. It's actually kind of funny, since I work in the child support world I figured that people that worked here would be a little more responsible. Not so. In fact, I think that only I and a couple of others here are actually still married to the same person and have raised or are raising their kids. The others are divorced, have kids and look for hand outs.

My wife and I thought long and hard about having kids. We lived together, got married, partied a few years and then decided to have kids. We have a strong relationship that is able to survive the constant attention our kids needs to the point where I don't see or talk to my wife for days at a time. We're in the same house, but we have kids that need us. We know at the end of it all, we'll have a lot of free time with each other and we make the sacrifice for our kids. We knew what it would take and opted to take it.

Some parents see divorce or running away as the best way to deal with the no-sleep, money-sucking kids they produce. WTF? Before you stick your dick in someone, can't you think of the lives you'll ruin? Not just yourself, your mate and the kid(s) that you make. The bear on society as a whole, the "system" and all sorts of other things. I think it was Chris Rock that said something about not raising your kids leads them to rob my ass later in life.

Sorry, got off subject a little. I think that anyone that is smart enough to figure out that Peg A goes into Hole B, over and over again should have enough brains to put a condom on. If you make $13,000 a year, guess what? You can't afford kids. You make $35,000 a year? Good for you, but you still cannot afford kids. Pull down six figures? You're better off than others, but you still might be a crappy parent. Think long and hard about the decision. It's life changing for sure and if you aren't ready, I don't want my tax money to raise your kids. Be responsible.

But since the people that I refer to cannot read, I doubt my words will make no difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment