Tuesday, June 25, 2013

After two years, I'm back for no one to see!

Well meat bags, I'm back finally after nearly two years of not posting to this blog.  Why?  Because I had better things to do really.  Now I have no reason to post anymore, but I somehow remembered that I had a blog to begin with.  My wandering mind brought me back, so here I am.  With still nobody to read my thoughts.  Let's get started.

I'd like to call out the reason for my misery in 2012, the company called Direct Technology in Roseville, CA.  This company is basically a collage of smaller technology "ideas" that are run by the old boys network.  I was running (or trying to run - both to the folly of myself and the management there) the Service Desk which basically included supporting an unnecessary and useless business model.  I spent a great deal of time there, which was great in the overtime pay I made, but stressed me out beyond the cost of therapy needed to forget that I worked there for over a year.

I'll start with a simple statement.  I started on a Monday.  One week later, my manager, the main reason I went to work there (to learn from), quit.  And thus the downward spiral began.

Don't get me wrong, there were some good times there.  Some fun was had and I did meet some nice people.  But overall, a negative experience for me.  Do I wish them the best?  That I don't know.  Do I want them to disappear?  No, not really.  It works for them, so be it.  I'm just not part of the equation anymore, which is good for both of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment